Potato Thyme Frittata Recipe – Bally Chohan Recipe
Potato thyme frittata is a bunch of super dish for your weekend overnight dinner. This dish is flavor of urban roots farm in Springfield, Missouri. Potato Frittata comes with an idea to give a very interesting taste to frittata dish adding flavors of potato to it.
- 8-10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take a medium bowl for mixing purpose, and add eggs, milk, thyme, salt according to your taste and some pepper powder. Keep the mixture aside now.
- Now take scrubbed potatoes. Rinse them properly and put them to dry well. Slice these potatoes as per your choice into thin layers. Keep these potatoes aside now.
- Now take a 9-10 inch cast-iron skillet or ovenproof skillet. Melt some butter at medium heat. Add Chopped onions, garlic and salt as per your taste. Cook them for 2 min keeping skillet uncovered. Now add sliced potatoes and cook them for 7- 8 minutes until the potatoes turn golden brown. Spread vegetable mixture across the bottom of the skillet evenly.
- Spread the before prepared egg mixture on this vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook at medium heat. Lift the mixture from the edges with the help of spatula for about 6-8 minutes.
- Now put the mixture in oven to bake at 350 degrees. Let it be uncovered for 6-8 minutes. Place skillet at preheated broiler at 4- 5 inches from heat and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the dish after 6- 7 minutes after it becomes little cooler and enjoy your weekend overnight dish.