Pani Puri Recipe By Bally Chohan Recipe
Delicious and most loved snack can definitely be Pani Puri. People are easily found on the streets with their families and friends thoroughly enjoying Pani Puris. Pani puri is well known as Golgappe at many places. It is merely a combination of spicy water (pani) with some fried puff crisped dough balls consisting of onion-potato mixture in it. It is a great combination of meetha-teekha to change anybody’s mood.
Nobody knows about the invention of Pani Puri but fortunately it is considered as one of the most loved street food of India. Different states have different names for it. Most popular names are Pani Puri, golgappa and puchka.
Here’s the step by step recipe for pani-puri:
- 3-4 boiled potatoes as per members.
- 2 small onions.
- Some chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 tsp masala powder.
- 1 tsp cumin power(roasted)
- Red chili powder(according to taste)
- Black salt(according to taste)
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves.
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 chopped green chili (to make water spicier).
- Some tamarinds for flavor.
- 1 tsp cumin powder (roasted).
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder.
- 3-4 cups water (as per consistency).
- Black salt (according to taste).
- 1 cup semolina (sooji).
- 1 tsp oil.
- 1 tsp flour.
- 3-4 pinch baking soda.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- Oil for deep frying.
- Mash the boiled potatoes finely.
- Chop the onions into very small pieces.
- Take a bowl and get all the ingredients (coriander leaves, cumin powder, chaat masala, boiled potatoes, chopped onions, black salt) mixed properly. Keep aside.
- Add all the mentioned ingredients of Pani Column into the blender.
- Add very little water and grind it to make it chutney.
- Now, pour 3-4 cups of water and add green chutney to it. Add black salt, jeera powder and chaat masala to it and mix it well.
- Check the seasoning of the water as per your taste.
- Add some readymade boondi to the pani.
- Put some ice cubes to water to make it chilled.
- Tale a bowl, add 1 cup semolina, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp flour, baking soda and salt. Now mix all the ingredients properly with the help of water to make it semi soft elastic dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into parts to make round balls for Puri’s.
- Roll the balls to thin and round shaped puri to make it crispy and puffed.
- Now, heat oil for deep frying.
- Fry the thinned puri’s until then turn to light brown or golden colored.
- Drain puri’s to paper for soaking excel oil. Keep aside.
Serving Pani Puri:
- Crack puri’s top with a spoon or your hand.
- Fill it with stuffed masala.
- Now, dip this filled puri into already prepared water and some chutney on to it according to your taste.
Try this easy and mouth watering PANI PURI recipe at home to make your beloved one’s made you love more.