Easy Veggie Pizza Recipe By Bally Chohan
Pizza an all time loving food by children, adults and even people of any age is now can be very easily prepared at home. Pizza is flat bread topped with cheese, some vegetables and tomato sauce. It is then baked in an oven.
Pizzas prepared at home are far-far better and healthier than the ready made ones. After making this vegetable pizza at home you will not order pizzas from outside. It tastes fresh in its every bite as compared to the ready made ones.
Step by step recipe:-
For Bread Base:
- 2 to 3 cups Flour(Maida)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- ¼ tsp sugar or you can use honey as well
- 2 tsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- olive oil for brushing
- flour, cornmeal or semolina seeds for sprinkling
- Add sugar in warm water and leave it to moisten it.
- Add yeast into the water and let the mixture stir at room temperature for 10-15 mins till it becomes bubbling,
- Now take a bowl and add one cup flour, olive oil, salt and yeast to make a frothy mixture.
- Add one more cup of flour and stir.
- Stir the mixture until the mixture becomes tacky.
- Now add one more cup of flour and stir it.
- Press the mixture with your hands to make the dough smooth and bouncy ball.
- Keep the dough aside by applying some olive oil all round it. Keep it covered loosely at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
For Tomato Sauce:
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes
- 2-3 chopped garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine (as per your choice)
- 2 tsp dried/fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tsp Pepper powder
- Take the tomatoes and chop them into fine small pieces.
- Heat oil into pan and fry the chopped garlic to turn golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and red wine to it.
- Let them cooked for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper powder according to your taste.
- Let the mixture cooked well for 5 more minutes.
- 1 sliced onion.
- 1 sliced capsicum.
- 1 sliced tomato.
- 5-6 sliced green olives.
- 5-6 sliced black olives.
- Cheese as required.
- Fresh green leafy/dried herbs.
Assembling the Veggie pizza:
- Flatten the dough on a smooth surface.
- Now roll the dough on a floured surface.
- Now keep this dough into a sprinkled or larded pan.
- Wrap the pizza base with some olive oil.
- Now spread the tomato sauce over the pizza.
- Crown pizza with the veggies.
- Layer the pizza with grated cheese.
- Now bake this vegetable pizza in oven at 200 degree C temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and Serve this hot vegetable pizza.